When can a Y chromosome test be used?
- If you need to confirm paternity but cannot get a DNA sample from the alleged father. By using the Y chromosome test you are able to test any of the males on the alleged father’s side of the family to determine whether the people tested are biological relatives.
- If fraternal siblings (brothers) want to find out if they share the same father, they can start by testing for a shared Y chromosome.
- A Y chromosome test can be done if male cousins want to check if their fathers were brothers or to find out if they shared a common Grandfather through the paternal line.
- In Immigration cases, one can use the Y chromosome test as proof of relationship between males.
- In adoption cases, children can be reunited with their biological parents with the help of this test.
What is the cost and how do I order a Y chromosome test
At EasyDNA we offer a full range of Y chromosome testing starting at R4995
- Start by going to our Order DNA Test page, select the Y chromosome option, and then opt for the test you need depending on the number of males being tested.
- Then, place and pay for your order and wait for your DNA test kit, which you can complete in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- Lastly, following our easy-to-use instructions, collect the DNA samples and return them to us at your convenience.
Once the DNA samples are returned to us, you will receive your fully comprehensive DNA analysis report in 5-7 working days from the moment the laboratory receives the samples. For detailed instructions on how to use your DNA testing kit please visit our sample collection guide page.
Note: We can only guarantee standard result turnaround time when testing takes place solely using oral swab samples. Using a discreet sample for your test may lead to an increase in turnaround time.
We suggest you return samples by courier directly to our office because the local postal system has proved unreliable and we cannot be responsible for samples that do not reach us.
Need another type of siblings test?
EasyDNA South Africa offers a vast range of tests that can be carried out between brothers and sisters. If you are females and wish to know if you have the same father, we suggest carry out an X chromosome test. View our full list of sibling DNA testing services.
For more information on the Y chromosome test contact us or leave us your telephone number and we will contact you.