How would you use an X-chromosome test?
Each female has 1 X chromosome pair in every cell. One X chromosome from each XX chromosome pair inherited from the father and the other inherited from the mother.
- This test can be used to determine whether females with different mothers share the same biological father.
- In cases where two females share the same mother we can still carry out an X chromosome test. However, in this case, we must have a DNA sample from the mother. By having the mother’s sample, we can determine the X pattern inherited from the mother and then determine the second X pattern passed on from the father.
- The X chromosome test can be used between paternal grandmother and granddaughter as they must share one X chromosome. This shared X chromosome is the one that the grandmother passed to her son and he, in turn, passed to his daughter. We only need DNA samples of the paternal grandmother and granddaughter for this test. We require no other samples in this particular case.
Real client testimonial:
“The service was impeccable! I had an X chromosome test with a potential half sister, the test results came back over a week before they were due. The customer service is great too. I have used this company twice. Friends and family have too, we all share the same positive experience. Great company!” UK, 11th October 2016.
How do I order an X-chromosome test?
At EasyDNA we offer a full range of sibling DNA tests. X-chromosome testing starts at only R7895
- Select your X test depending on who requires testing.
- Once you have confirmed your order a kit will be sent out to your chosen address. The DNA test kit will enable you to collect DNA samples in the ease and comfort of your own home.
- Using our easy-to-use instructions, collect the DNA samples send them back to our lab in the pre-addressed envelope provided. For detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to use your DNA testing kit please visit our sample collection guide page
Once the DNA samples are returned to us, you will receive your fully comprehensive DNA analysis report in 15 working days from the moment we receive the samples.
Note: We can only guarantee standard result turnaround time when testing takes place solely using oral swab samples. Using a discreet sample for your test may lead to an increase in turnaround time.
We suggest you return samples by courier directly to our office because the local postal system has proved unreliable and we cannot be responsible for samples that do not reach us.